On September 13, 2021, the litigation and investor capital of the world, New York will play host to a select group of senior executives and thought leaders who are blazing trails for progress in the industry.
The continued growth of the industry has caught the attention of investors from institutional investors, hedge funds, venture capital and private equity firms who recognize the untapped potential in the market. More and more law firms and corporate counsels are making the most of opportunities in the space and are increasingly using litigation finance as a form of risk management and profit generation.
With new players entering the market all the time, Validity is excited to return to the live event format, and the third edition of this one day summit will draw a diverse crowd of investors, litigation funders, brokers, corporate claimants, law firms and other entities in this exciting and developing market.
On the Agenda:
- Quick review of current standard underwriting processes
- Why does the process take so long and how can it be improved?
- How to ensure speed and predictability for the counterparties while providing confidence to the funders
- Assessing the potential for emerging technologies to aid the process
11: 15- 12:00 Validity's Corporate Counsel, Jason Listhaus will speak on Deal Flow Strategies & Overcoming the Challenges of Securing Financing for Litigation
- What is difficult about putting together a contract?
- Contractual terms and reading the fine print
- Case control and the importance of relationship management
- Can the process of structuring a contract be standardized in any way?
- What methods do you use to source cases that make sense for your business? Technology?
- Pros and cons of portfolios vs. single cases
- Pitfalls to avoid when conducting due diligence